Back to Results
Director, Cardiovascular Imaging and Hemodynamic Laboratory; Director, Women's Heart Center; Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Medicine, CardioVascular Center, Cardiology
Clinical Focus Areas
Echocardiography, heart failure, women's heart disease, cardiac amyloidosis
Research Focus Areas
Echocardiographic evaluation of patients with cardiomyopathy/heart failure, factors affecting vascular function in patients with heart failure and in cardiac transplant recipients, effect of gender on vascular function
Seeing Patients In
|Programs + Specialties
|Training + Education
Boston University School of Medicine; Boston University Medical Center; Tufts Medical Center
Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant
||View Accepted Insurances at Tufts Medical Center
Tufts Medical Center
South Building, 6th Floor
860 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-2273
Fax #: 617-636-8070
2021, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018/2019, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2016, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
Charlton Research Award
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
1) Kiernan MS, French AL, DeNofrio D, Parmar YJ, Pham D, Kapur N, Pandian NG, Patel AR. Preoperative Three Dimensional Echocardiography to Assess Risk of Right Ventricular Failure Following Left Ventricular Assist Device Surgery. J Cardiac Failure 2015; 21: 189-197.
2) Urbano Moral JA, Gangadharamurthy D, Comenzo RL, Pandian NG, Patel AR. Three-dimensional speckle-tracking echocardiography in light-chain amyloidosis: examination of left and right ventricular myocardial mechanics parameters. Rev Esp Cardiol 2015; 68:657-64.
3) Urbano Moral JA, Arias Godinez JA, Ahmad R, Malik R, Kiernan MS, DeNofrio D, Pandian NG, Patel AR. Evaluation of myocardial mechanics with three-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography in heart transplant recipients: comparison with two-dimensional speckle tracking and relationship with clinical variables. Eur Heart J Imaging 2013; 14: 1167-1173.
4) Quraini D, Pandian NG, Patel AR. Three-Dimensional Echocardiographic Analysis of Right Atrial Volume in Normal and Abnormal Hearts: Comparison of Biplane and Multiplane Methods. Echocardiography 2012; 29:609-13.
5) Patel AR, Alsheikh-Ali AA, Mukherjee J, Evangelista A, Quraini D, Ordway LJ, Kuvin JT, DeNofrio D, Pandian NG. Three-Dimensional Echocardiography to Evaluate Right Atrial Pressure in Patients With Acutely Decompensated Heart Failure: Correlation With Invasive Hemodynamics. J Am Coll Cardiol Img 2011; 4: 938-945.
6) Haffajee JA, Lee Y, Alsheikh Ali AA, Kuvin JT, Pandian NG, Patel AR. Preoperative Left Atrial Mechanical Function Predicts Risk of Atrial Fibrillation After Cardiac Surgery. J Am Coll Cardiol Img 2011; 4: 833-840.
7) Douglas PS, Garcia MJ, Haines DE, Lai WW, Manning WJ, Patel AR, Picard MH, Polk DM, Ragosta M, Ward RP, WeinerRB.ACCF/ASE/AHA/ASNC/HFSA/HRS/SCAI/SCCM/SCCT/SCMR 2011 appropriate use criteria for echocardiography: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Appropriate Use Criteria Task Force, American Society of Echocardiography, American Heart Association, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, Heart Failure Society of America, Heart Rhythm Society, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Critical Care Medicine, Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, and Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance. J Am Coll Cardiol 2011; 57: 1126-1166.
8) Patel AR, Kuvin JT, Sliney KA, Chiang J, Rand WM, Pandian NG, Udelson JE, Karas RH. Gender-Based Differences in Brachial Artery Flow-Mediated Vasodilation as an Indicator of Significant Coronary Artery Disease. Am J Cardiol 2005; 96:1223-1226.
9) Mieres JH, Shaw LJ. Arai A, Budoff M, Hundley G, Flamm SD, Marwick TH, Mosca L, Patel AR, Quinones MA, Redberg RF, Taubert K, Thomas G, Wenger N. American Heart Association Consensus Statement: Role of Noninvasive Testing in the Clinical Evaluation of Women With Known or Suspected Coronary Artery Disease. Circulation 2005; 111: 682-696.
10) Patel AR, Kuvin JT, Pandian NG et al. Heart Failure Etiology Affects Peripheral Vascular Endothelial Function After Cardiac Transplantation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001;37: 195-200.
American Heart Association
American College of Cardiology
American Society of Echocardiography
Heart Failure Society of America