Back to Results
Radiation Oncologist; Clinic Director; Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
Department + Services
Radiation Oncology, Pediatric Radiation Oncology
Clinical Focus Areas
Oncologic consultation for general radiotherapy and Gamma Knife, pediatric radiation oncology, lung cancer
Seeing Patients In
Tufts Medical Center
Proger Building, Basement
800 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02111
Phone #: 617-636-6161
Fax #: 617-636-4513
2021, "Top Doctor", Boston Magazine
2020, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2018/2019, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
2017, "Top Doctor," Boston Magazine
1. Mignano, J.E.and Rivard, M.J. Intravascular brachytherapy using 90Sr for saphenous vein grafts having diameters ranging from 2.0 to 5.0 mm. Brachytherapy 3:173-178, 2004.
2. Rivard, M.J., Zinkin, H.D.,Mignano, J.E., and Kimmelstiel, C.D. Treatment of in-stent restenosis for saphenous vein grafts using intravascular brachytherapy: regulatory chllenges and clinical application. J. Invasive Cardiol.16:96-99, 2004.
3. Zinkin, H.D., Rivard, M.J., Mignano, J.E., and Wazer, D.E. Analysis of dose conformity and normal-tissue sparing using two different IMRT prescription methodologies for irregularly shaped CNS lesions. Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 59:285-92, 2004.
4. Tsai, J.-S., M.J. Rivard, M. J. Engler, J.E. Mignano, D.E. Wazer, and W.A. Shucart. Determination of the 4 mm Gamma Knife helmet relative output factor using a variety of detectors. Medical Physics 30:986-92, 2003.
5. Mignano, J.E., M. Engler, J.-S. Tsai, and D. Wazer. Comparison of radiobiological modeling for one- and two-isocenter dose distributions applied to ellipsoidal radiosurgery targets. Internat’l. J. Radiat. Oncol., Biol. & Physics 49: 833-7, 2001.
6. Mignano, J.E., M.L. Zahurak, A. Chakravarthy, S. Piantadosi, W.C. Dooley, and Gage. Significance of axillary lymph node extranodal soft tissue extension and indications for post-mastectomy irradiation. Cancer 86: 1258-62, 1999.
7. Morris, G., J.S. Mistry, J.P. Jani, J.E. Mignano, S.M. Sebti, and J.S. Lazo. Neutralization of bleomycin hydrolase by an epitope-specific antibody. Molec. Pharm. 42: 57-62, 1992.
8. Mignano, J.E. Review for National Boards Comprehensive Examination. First edition. (J.S. Lazo, B.R. Pitt, and J.C. Glorioso, III, eds.), Harwal Publishing Co., 1991.
9. Lazo, J.S., J.E. Mignano, and S.M. Sebti. Pulmonary metabolic inactivation of bleomycin and protection from drug-induced lung injury. In: Organ Directed Toxicities of Anticancer Drugs (M. Hacker, T. Tritton, and J.S. Lazo, eds.) Martinus Nijhoff: pp. 128-139, 1987.
10. Lazo, J.S., S.L. Kelley, and J.E. Mignano. Manipulation of antineoplastic drug sensitivity and resistance by DNA transfection. In: Mechanisms of Drug Resistance in Neoplastic Cells, the Ninth Annual Bristol-Myers Symposium on Cancer Research. Academic Press: NY, pp. 349-370, 1988.
John Mignano, MD, PhD, brings his expertise as a radiation oncologist to the Boston Gamma Knife Center team. A board-certified member of the American Board of Radiology, Dr. Mignano trained at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and at Tufts Medical Center. His special areas of interest include brain tumors and intravascular brachytherapy. Dr. Mignano is co-medical director of the Boston Gamma Knife Center.